Lost your GRUB??? - Boot-Repair

Hi friends,

Lost your GRUB??? don't go to police!!! i will help you... ;)
 
Recently when we installed winXP for testing our project, in the system which has Ubuntu and Win7 already installed... on the Next day, when we are done with testing... I wanted my Ubuntu and win7 back for development work...but when I restarted the system, I found that the GRUB was removed... and it took me half a session to overcome this problem... here is the solution for it now…(Don’t expect something great from me now...half session to Google and find the tool!!!)...

Lost your GRUB??? Here is the solution!!!...

Boot-Repair

This a free tool, to restore the GRUB in your system. When you run this tool, you will get back your last GRUB back, but the OS you installed and all the modification you have made in the system after losing the GRUB will be lost. In my case, I lost win XP... but I got back my Ubuntu and win7...
So here are the steps I followed,

 STEP 1: start the system with live USB or live CD... and get into Try Ubuntu mode... 
 STEP 2: open the terminal in the Ubuntu...
 STEP 3: run
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yannubuntu/boot-repair && sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y boot-repair && boot-repair
STEP 4: reboot the system...

Thats all, now you can see your GRUB!!!...

For more information about BOOT-REPAIR, click here

But the correct method is by doing something in GRUB… but I don’t have that much knowledge in it… so I used BOOT-REPAIR…


0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Hi everyone,myself Alagappan...electronic and communication engg. student... living in madurai... interested in everything... want to achieve something great in my lifetime...

Followers


Recent Comments